In Washington State can a friend or family member represent me in family court?

Asked about 4 years ago - Tacoma, WA

I am a homemaker and can not afford an attorney and am unable to get a pro bono and am facing court with an attorney representing the other party.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kristen Lynn Bienstock

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Are they an attorney? Otherwise, a layperson, other than yourself, cannot represent you. Sorry and best of luck to you.

  2. Donald Lamar Cobb

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You can represent yourself or you can be represented by an attorney licensed in the jurisdiction where the divorce is filed. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,409 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,409 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering