In washington state, what is the possible consequences of identity theft in the second degree?

Asked over 5 years ago - Chehalis, WA

I know someone who is going to be sentenced soon and the charge is identity theft 2nd degree. It is a first time offense. He is 20 years old and does have a slight criminal record not including this charge. Mostly for Alcohol consumption and DUI

Additional information

this person does not have a criminal record, stole my identity and I want to file charges against her. What is the procedure and consequences for the charges

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Okorie Okorocha

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I think it is 60 days jail with no priors, but check with a local attorney.

    My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do
    not know the law in your state or at all for that matter and that I am
    just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with
    an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in
    your area immediately after reading my posting.

  2. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I see many questions on avvo in which people want to do what is going to happen to them because of such and such an offense or parole violation. In truth no one except your lawyer can even give you an approximate answer to that question because it depends on so many variables: your state’s laws and procedures, your criminal history if any, whether there are any sentencing enhancements, whether your state has diversion programs for your offense. These kinds of questions really require that you contact a local lawyer and even then they can only give you a range.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and criminal records

An arrest for DUI will show on your arrest record, and a conviction for a DUI-related criminal offense will show on your criminal record.

    Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

    Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


    Ask now

    25,406 answers this week

    3,227 attorneys answering

    Ask a Lawyer

    Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

    • It's FREE
    • It's easy
    • It's anonymous

    25,406 answers this week

    3,227 attorneys answering