Skip to main content

In very bad employment/sexual harassment situations, wrongful termination, whistle blowing - I have been turned down already by

Hyattsville, MD |

2 attys - one whistleblower and one employment/constitutional/civil rights - Does a general criminal atty ever file regular civil action cases?

Attorney Answers 2


Please use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO to find local attorneys in the fields you are requesting, this forum is for legal questions only. Yes, there are attorneys who do both civil and criminal, but you can not hire a criminal "plaintiff" attorney to file a criminal action--there is no such thing. Only the government can prosecute crimes. So you can call the cops and report a crime, and if they want they will investigate, if they feel it is warranted, they'll turn their evidence to the DA and if the DA wants, it'll prosecute. You can file a civil lawsuit.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Mark as helpful




She missed the point of my question.

Golnar Sargeant

Golnar Sargeant


I don't know who "she" is. Both your posts are very difficult to understand, and I did my best to answer them based on what I could glean.


I agree. The best advice is to seek legal counsel from an attorney who practices employment law. If you go to the homepage of Avvo there is a tab labeled "Find A Lawyer" to assist you in finding an attorney. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics