In Utah, can I appeal a property tax valuation to State court without going through the Utah State Tax Commission?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salt Lake City, UT

I am appealing a property tax decision that I received from a informal Utah State Tax Commission hearing . My question is whether I can appeal this decision straight to court or if the informal decision prohibits me from doing this.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Edward Xavier Junia

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have to exhaust your administrative remedies before seeking judicial relief. If you still have an administrative appeal right then you need to file that appeal before heading to court to appeal the decision(s).

    This information is for discussion purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor does it establish an... more
  2. Bruce Givner

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You should hire Mr. Junia.

Related Topics

Property tax

Property tax is a levy local governments assess on property, usually based on its value, to pay for local services like schools, public safety and road repair.

Real estate

The term real estate means land and items permanently attached to it, like buildings. This area of law deals with who has the right to own and use these items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,532 answers this week

2,857 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,532 answers this week

2,857 attorneys answering