In Utah, can I appeal a property tax valuation to State court without going through the Utah State Tax Commission?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salt Lake City, UT

I am appealing a property tax decision that I received from a informal Utah State Tax Commission hearing . My question is whether I can appeal this decision straight to court or if the informal decision prohibits me from doing this.

1. Edward Xavier Junia

3

Answered . You have to exhaust your administrative remedies before seeking judicial relief. If you still have an administrative appeal right then you need to file that appeal before heading to court to appeal the decision(s).

2. Bruce Givner

Answered . You should hire Mr. Junia.