In unlawful detainer can ONE Ex parte app.( to advance the hearing date )be made for two separate motions at once for same date?

Glendale, CA |
Filed under: Civil motions

I need to file an Ex Parte application, to advance the hearing date prior to my trial. Can II file ONE Ex Parte app. for two separate motions, i.e
motion for leave, and motion for issue sanctions? Can the Ex Parte hearing ( to advance) for the two motions be heard or scheduled for the same date?

1. "Can the Ex Parte hearing ( to advance) for the two motions be heard or scheduled for the same date?" -- Absolutely. Ex parte applications are routinely denied for failure to follow the rules, particularly with regard to notification. Be sure you follow them. Good luck.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. <br> <br> I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice and counsel. See, also, Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br>

Civil motions topics