In the state of Tennessee which is worse aggravated statutory rape or sexual battery by an authority figure and why

Columbia, TN |

Bond on the aggravated statutory rape was 5,000 per charge (2 charges) and the sexual battery by authority figure was 20,000 per charge(2 charges).

1. Sex batt by auth fig is by far worse. SOR/comm supervision for life, bad bad stuff. Need to start building your defense today.

www.midsouthcriminaldefense.com

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

2. You need a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. My colleague is right about which carries the stronger penalties. However, you don't want a conviction for either of the charges.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

3. Any time you have "authority" over the alleged victim it is a far worse charge since it would be alleged that your position of trust over them allowed the perpetration of a sexual crime.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."