In the state of pennsylvania if i'm hate with a hair curling iron, is it consider a weapon?

While I was in the bathroom curling my hair, the person hate me with the door and walk away cursing and did not say sorry so when I went to ash her by knocking on her door her boyfriend opened and she went on cursing so I then asked her so you hate me with the door and could not say sorry? she then got up from her bed and slam the room door on my face and when I try to move from the door way, she then grab her son's toy and hate me on my left side so I went after her and while going after her that's when she took a hair curling iron and hate me in the left eye and we started fighting.The fight was stopped by her boyfriend after some few minutes and she then try to lash after me again so her boyfriend and her started to fight and my boyfriend took me out to avoid the fight. The police came

Upper Darby, PA -

Jake Kathleen Marcus

Jake Kathleen Marcus

Criminal Defense Attorney - Jenkintown, PA

I would advise you to retain an experienced criminal attorney as soon as possible. Also be careful not to discuss the details of your criminal case on the Internet.

Yes, a curling iron can be considered an instrument of a crime if it is used to assault someone.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

The curling iron was used for a criminal purpose so the person using it could be charged with Possession of an Instrument of Crime. If the police do not charge her, you can file a private criminal complaint with the District Court. It would then be up to the District Attorney to approve it.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Wexford, PA

I agree with the responses of my learned colleagues. Retain counsel if you have been charged. Contact police if you haven't been charged.

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Media, PA

I agree with my colleagues, if you have been arrested by Upper Darby, retain an experienced criminal defense attorney and stop discussing the details of the crime on a public forum. It sounds as if you may live with this person, you may need to find some other method off resolving your differences.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
877-992-6311
www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

Joseph William Montgomery II

Joseph William Montgomery II

Criminal Defense Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Under § 907 In PA (relating to possessing an instrument of crime) a weapon is defined as "Anything readily capable of lethal use and possessed under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for lawful uses which it may have. ..."

To answer your question, a curling could be considered a weapon if used or held out as a weapon.

Please consult with an attorney and consider this answer for general purposes only.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

You need a criminal defense attorney to represent you and review the facts and the law on self defense in your state. I assume you were arrested/charged with a criminal offense. Get counsel.