In the state of Pennsylvania i read if an engagement is broken for any reason the giver of the engagement ring gets it back.?

Du Bois, PA |

Is it true that if the engagement is broken the giver gets it back no matter what? Is there anyway the receiver can keep it or win the case ?

The engagement ring is a gift to the person who receives in anticipation of marriage. Therefore, it is traditionally believed that if the person giving the ring breaks te wngahement. The person receiving the ring will keep it. If the person receiving the ring breaks it off, the ring is returned.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice.

In PA, an engagement ring is a conditional gift given in contemplation of marriage. If the condition does not occur and there is no marriage the ring should be returned to the purchaser.