In the state of PA is it illegal for a 20 year old to date a 15 year old and have sexual contact?

West Wyoming, PA |

I was 20 dating a 15 year old but i didn't know her age because she lied said she was 18 now the mother of the daughter is trying to take me to court for it... The mother has proof of text messages and pictures that we were dating and had sex.. But condoned us being together even though i had no clue of her young age.

Keep in mind we never had sex just some texts that were x rated so the mother thinks we had sex, but nothing ever happened other than us just dating.

You are in trouble. Whether or not you could be convicted depends on facts you should NOT post here. You should discuss what happened or did not happen with anyone other than your criminal defense lawyer.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
http://addbalance.com

--- Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/CriminalDefenseMadTown

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police
http://addbalance.com/police.htm

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)
http://addbalance.com/miranda_rights.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

In trouble meaning ? and why can't you establish an attorney client relationship with me?

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

This is a serious charge. The mother is involved and pushing it. She has at least some evidence. That means "in trouble." I won't establish an attorney-client relationship over the Internet. I can't represent someone in Pennsylvania because I am a Wisconsin lawyer.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

You want to talk with a local lawyer about this, now, in person, not over the Internet.

Thanks i will talk to a lawyer immediately!

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

You are welcome.

The fact pattern you described could cause a problem for you. You need to stop putting information out on a public site and you should meet with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Thank you, i just don't know what steps i should take if i am taken to court.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

A lawyer can explain the process to you. Many provide a free consult.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

You need to be talking to a lawyer, now, not posting on the Internet.

Mr Keller has it exactly correct. You need to TALK to legal counse experienced in sex crime defense. Focus on that like a laser.

You should take a look at the Corruption of Minors statute for Pennsylvania. At the other lawyers told you, you should contact an experienced Pennsylvania Sex Crimes lawyer ASAP.

Please note that I am only licensed in Pennsylvania. Therefore, if your case involves another jurisdiction, you should disregard this post. Further, this posting does not constitute proper legal advice since I have not been able to learn all the circumstances of your case. As such, you should consult a lawyer in person immediately for proper legal advice and should not rely on this posting for legal advice.

In your case the answer is a resounding "yes". The fact that the girl lied to you means nothing. The fact that mom condoned it means nothing. depending on the level of sexual contact you had, you could be in some hot water. In the meantime, don't talk to anyone about it and good luck. Basil

Juvenile law topics