In the state of PA is it illegal for a 20 year old to date a 15 year old and have sexual contact?

Asked over 1 year ago - West Wyoming, PA

I was 20 dating a 15 year old but i didn't know her age because she lied said she was 18 now the mother of the daughter is trying to take me to court for it... The mother has proof of text messages and pictures that we were dating and had sex.. But condoned us being together even though i had no clue of her young age.

Keep in mind we never had sex just some texts that were x rated so the mother thinks we had sex, but nothing ever happened other than us just dating.

1. Robert C. Keller

8

Answered . The fact pattern you described could cause a problem for you. You need to stop putting information out on a public site and you should meet with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . Mr Keller has it exactly correct. You need to TALK to legal counse experienced in sex crime defense. Focus on that like a laser.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You are in trouble. Whether or not you could be convicted depends on facts you should NOT post here. You should discuss what happened or did not happen with anyone other than your criminal defense lawyer.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com

--- Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/CriminalDefenseMadTown

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police
    http://addbalance.com/police.htm

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)
    http://addbalance.com/miranda_rights.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

4. Steven Fisher Fairlie

Pro

4

Answered . You should take a look at the Corruption of Minors statute for Pennsylvania. At the other lawyers told you, you should contact an experienced Pennsylvania Sex Crimes lawyer ASAP.

5. Basil David Beck III

Pro

2

Answered . In your case the answer is a resounding "yes". The fact that the girl lied to you means nothing. The fact that mom condoned it means nothing. depending on the level of sexual contact you had, you could be in some hot water. In the meantime, don't talk to anyone about it and good luck. Basil