In the state of NJ, if a wife's name is on the title, but not on the mortgage, is she entitled to half of it in a divorce?

New York, NY |

The house was bought before the marriage. Name was added on after the marriage.

1. Post this under divorce, I believe you'll get a better response. Answer to me would seem to be yes, but move category to pick up more NJ divorce attorneys.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

2. Repost your question on the New Jersey Avvo section.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.