Skip to main content

In the state of Nebraska are your juvenile records sealed automatically when you turn 18 or do you have to apply?

Omaha, NE |

I am 16 and I have been caught shoplifting twice. The first offense I was granted an option to enroll in the diversion program, which I accepted and completed, the second offense happened two years later. I was cooperative with both situations and I am overall a good person, although I have made extremely poor choices. I was wondering if I am able to have my record sealed at 18, or even sooner, so that I will be able to move on with my future without having the mistakes of my past limiting my options.

Attorney Answers 1


Generally, yes. Although, I'd highly consider retaining a criminal lawyer in your jurisdiction that will be able to assist you. Thank you and I wish you the best of luck!

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics