In the state of Nebraska, even though parents split 50/50 legal/physical custody, will the dad be obligated to pay support?

Omaha, NE |

My current situation Civil agreement between parents on custody. Currently paying child support based on previous military pay. Seperated from the Navy and unable to change child support according to Health and Human services for 3 years. If I have my daughter 50% of the time, why should I still have to pay any support?

1. You should not have to pay the same support and we can help. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

2. Check out this resource for more information about child support: http://www.mkhansenlaw.com/Child-Support-Information.pdf.

HHS has some limits on how often they will request a change in support, that does not prevent you from acting on your own behalf. If your custody order does not state that you have joint legal custody that issue will need to be addressed as well.