Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

In the State of Maryland, has stress related workman's comp ever been defined as intentional infliction of emotional stress or

can it be if it was not defined as the inherent nature of the work.

District Heights, MD -

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Gaming Law Attorney

The question is not very clear. Workers comp is a very different issue than Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, which is an intentional tort committed by someone. And you've also tagged Wrongful Termination which is another thing entirely.

Draper Tobias Rodriguez

Draper Tobias Rodriguez

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Lubbock, TX

I do hope someone answers this question for you. In general, workers' compensation does not require an injured worker to show any liability based upon negligent or intentional acts. The injured workers are given benefits based upon the fact they were injured at work and that is the only condition which must be met; without getting into a discussion of defenses. I don't see how any discussion of an act intentional or otherwise would germane to the issue; however, if it were I would be very interested to find out how.

Christopher Coppola

Christopher Coppola

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - West Des Moines, IA

I believe it has not but stress can be a factor in work injury cases - good luck