In the State of Maryland, has stress related workman's comp ever been defined as intentional infliction of emotional stress or

District Heights, MD |

can it be if it was not defined as the inherent nature of the work.

I do hope someone answers this question for you. In general, workers' compensation does not require an injured worker to show any liability based upon negligent or intentional acts. The injured workers are given benefits based upon the fact they were injured at work and that is the only condition which must be met; without getting into a discussion of defenses. I don't see how any discussion of an act intentional or otherwise would germane to the issue; however, if it were I would be very interested to find out how.

The answering of this question does not constitute a attorney-client relationship. Further by answering this question the attorney has not agreed to represent inquisitor.

I believe it has not but stress can be a factor in work injury cases - good luck

The question is not very clear. Workers comp is a very different issue than Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, which is an intentional tort committed by someone. And you've also tagged Wrongful Termination which is another thing entirely.

I focus my practice on (video) gaming industry, casino gambling, and complex internet law issues, electronic free speech, entertainment law, copyright and trademark law, and computer fraud. I primarily represent game developers and founders of emergent internet technologies. The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to create an attorney-client relationship.