In the state of Louisiana, does the administratrix of an intestate succession have a lawful right to di-sect property(land) ?

Jennings, LA |

administratrix of an succession,cut up existing lots and purchased a piece for herself, to benefit herself without other heirs permission or getting courts permission to disect !

This may be perfectly okay, or it could be a real no-no. You need to check with a local attorney and provide him/her with a copy of all relevant paperwork and the facts. Was the administratrix an heir? Was the property taken as part of her fee? There are too many unknowns. Dividing up the property is probably not going to be a problem. Either that would normally happen or the property would ALL be sold and the liquidated proceeds disbursed.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

Go the the Clerk of Court and get copies of all judgments and orders as well as the detailed descriptive list. Find an attorney with in 40 miles of you that has experience in successions and pay for a consultation.

This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid consultation with an attorney with expertise in this area.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates