In the state of Florida can a felon be an executor of a will?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

I am just curious whether or not a felony conviction can stop a person from being an executor

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Eileen D. Jacobs

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. There is a statutory exclusion that would prevent such a person from being the personal representative (Florida term for "executor." The section is 733.303.  

    The above post is not intended as specific legal advice, since not all pertinent facts are known to the posting attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

    Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595

  2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No-sorry.
    Florida statute does not allow felon to serve.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of... more
  3. Marc Jeremy Soss


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As a felon you are statutorily excluded from serving as the Personal Representative for the estate.

    This answer has been prepared for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The... more
  4. Majid Vasigh


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . no a felon can't

  5. Richard Lee Pearse Jr.

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A person adjudicated guilty of a felony is disqualified from serving as a personal representative in Florida. However, if that person receives a pardon, the qualification is restored.

    This answer is for general purposes only and may not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,495 answers this week

3,299 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,495 answers this week

3,299 attorneys answering