In the state of california can you sue for future medical?

La Verne, CA |

i was in a car accident 100% not at fault i am still having some on going back problems

1. Contact an honest and reputable personal injury lawyer right away. In order to make a full and complete claim, you will need the assistance of a good lawyer to documents and present your claim.

This is a legal disclaimer that my advice here are for general purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Further, my advice is based upon the limited information and facts that have been provided. Additional facts and/or circumstances may materially change or affect the advice that I would provide. Finally, I have not agreed to represent you and anyone else who may read my response. (Sorry for this legal disclaimer, but it is important for your protection and mine. You do not want to think that I am representing you when I have not agreed to do so. In order for me to act as your attorney, we would need to execute a retainer agreement setting for the terms of the relationship.) Thank you for your understanding.

2. Get a personal injury lawyer. S/he can advise you as to the extent of your damages and their worth.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

3. Honestly, the most important thing right now is for you to get proper medical treatment. Please consider contacting a personal injury attorney to assist you with that as well as any claim you may have. Hope this helps.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

4. You sure can.

5. Best bet is to update your attorney. When you are finished treating, your lawyer can submit a demand.

6. Yes, but you need proof that you require future medical care as a result of the collision to recover damage for future medical expenses. Contact a personal injury for further assistance. You can search for attorneys on Avvo by using the "Find a Lawyer" tool bar. Good luck.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

7. Yes, you can. Consult a PI attorney.

8. The short and most direct answer is yes. If you are injured in a car accident I would highly recommend that you contact a personal injury attorney.

It is rarely a good idea to represent yourself in a situation like this when you suffered personal injuries and you complaints are ongoing. Many personal injury attorneys, including my office, provides free consultations. Therefore you have nothing to lose by contacting an experienced attorney to learn your rights.

I wish you the best of luck

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

9. Yes, but you have to prove it is reasonably medically certain

10. You can sue for past and future: medical expenses, wage loss, pain and suffering, and emotional distress, as well as property damage. Whether and what you will recover, even if the other party is at fault, depends on the extent of your injuries as proven by medical treatment/expert testimony, and the extent of the other party's insurance coverage, or your own uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist coverage.