In the state of california can you sue for future medical?

Asked 9 months ago - La Verne, CA

i was in a car accident 100% not at fault i am still having some on going back problems

1. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

21

Answered . You sure can.

2. Minh Tri Nguyen

20

Answered . Contact an honest and reputable personal injury lawyer right away. In order to make a full and complete claim, you will need the assistance of a good lawyer to documents and present your claim.

3. Malosack Berjis

20

Answered . Honestly, the most important thing right now is for you to get proper medical treatment. Please consider contacting a personal injury attorney to assist you with that as well as any claim you may have. Hope this helps.

4. Samuel Cohen

21

Answered . Get a personal injury lawyer. S/he can advise you as to the extent of your damages and their worth.

5. Mariam Mary Margaryan

17

Answered . Yes, but you need proof that you require future medical care as a result of the collision to recover damage for future medical expenses. Contact a personal injury for further assistance. You can search for attorneys on Avvo by using the "Find a Lawyer" tool bar. Good luck.

6. Richard Marc Katz

Pro

16

Answered . The short and most direct answer is yes. If you are injured in a car accident I would highly recommend that you contact a personal injury attorney.

It is rarely a good idea to represent yourself in a situation like this when you suffered personal injuries and you complaints are ongoing. Many personal injury attorneys, including my office, provides free consultations. Therefore you have nothing to lose by contacting an experienced attorney to learn your rights.

I wish you the best of luck

Pro

17

Answered . Best bet is to update your attorney. When you are finished treating, your lawyer can submit a demand.

8. Sagar P. Parikh

15

Answered . Yes, you can. Consult a PI attorney.

9. Robert Bruce Kopelson

12

Answered . Yes, but you have to prove it is reasonably medically certain

10. William John Light

8

Answered . You can sue for past and future: medical expenses, wage loss, pain and suffering, and emotional distress, as well as property damage. Whether and what you will recover, even if the other party is at fault, depends on the extent of your injuries as proven by medical treatment/expert testimony, and the extent of the other party's insurance coverage, or your own uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist coverage.

One or more answers have been taken down.