Skip to main content

In the state of California, can a unmarried mother relocate, without having legal issues?

Mcalester, OK |

The mother wishes to move back home to another state to take care of ailing grandpa but baby's father doesn't want her too. What would be worse case scenario?

The child was born in California & has resided there since birth

Attorney Answers 1


Your question is kind of vague. Has he admitted in court that he is the father of the child? Are there any legal orders on custody rights or visitation? He would have to go through the family law court to gain rights to be able to prevent you taking the child with you. However one can't give advise when the question is so vague. it is best to speak with a family law attorney giving them all the facts, before you decide what to do.Good luck

Any answer to questions is not meant to be con screwed as legal advise and no attorney client relationship has formed. In order for an attorney to give legal advise, The attorney would need to have an opportunity to ask specific questions from a full and complete disclosure of the underlying facts involved in the question asked.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics