In the state of Arizona, what does it take to legally add a person to the title of your home?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Scottsdale, AZ

I would like to know what it takes to add a person (blood relative) to the title of my home? I know in some cases that a signed, by both parties, affidavit, that is notarized and submitted to the Clerk of the County will work, but not sure if that's what it takes in 2012 in Arizona.

1. Brandon Kavanagh

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree that you need a deed to add someone to title. The next issue is what kind of deed and what kind of title do you want to have, and that depends on what you are trying to achieve. Are you doing this for estate planning purposes only? Then you should talk with an attorney about doing a beneficiary deed. Are you doing this to actively co-own property with a relative now? If so, then you need to likely have a special warranty deed done. You also need to decide whether or not you want to hold title with this relative as tenants in common or joint tenants. A consultation with a real estate attorney can make sure you are pointed in the right direction for what you want to achieve.

2. Douglas Garth Edmunds

Answered . You need to execute a deed; preferably a warranty deed, and file it with the Recorder's office.