In the property settlement of our divorce my ex-husband got the house in OR (we were CA residents)

Asked over 1 year ago - Long Beach, CA

He has never had me sign a quit claim or refinanced it to get my name off so as far as I know I still show on title and loan after 4 years. Is there any way to get the settlement overturned so that I am still the owner of half the house? Because this is still showing up on my credit report can I claim it as an asset and can I claim the interest on my taxes? Can a lien be put against it for a judgement against me?

1. Robert Pecco Baker

Answered . If the settlement agreement was signed delivered and partly performed you should honor it until you get the court to revise it. That is hard to do=click find a lawyer and good luck. Better to ask you ex to carry through on the title change or you will move to change the agreement on an equitable basis- it is on your credit report etc. If a lien is put on it--laugh

2. Michael T Millar

Pro

Answered . If the property settlement agreement provided that your ex had to refinance to remove your name from the mortgage, then you should go back to court to enforce the terms of your judgment. If he cannot refi, you could ask the court to order that the property be sold.

If the property settlement agreement did not address the mortgage, you should call your divorce attorney to ask why.