In the process of filing a New Jersey LLC...

Ocean View, NJ |

If i have a registered agent, do i have to list any of the members in the articles of formation? Also, if the business doesn't have a physical location, what address do i list on the formation documents with the state and for my FEIN when they ask "Physical Location of Business?" Can i put the address of my registered agent? THANK YOU!!

1. NJ will require the members to be listed.

You cannot use your registered agent address as your actual business address unless you are using your own or some other bona fide address. If your RA is a professional one, you will have to use your own address or acquire a virtual address or a proper business location. A "paid for" RA does not double as your business address, just to be clear.

I think you may want to consider discussing this with a legal advisor to make sure everything is handled correctly. These days setting up the entity is not a very expensive endeavor and there are now and will certainly will be later any number of legal considerations and you will appreciate having a relationship with someone that can help.

I will link you to some general info below and most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    New York / New Jersey
    (see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

2. It sounds like you're using a service to file your limited liability company. First, in New Jersey you file a "certificate" of formation not "articles" of formation. Secondly, your business address should be the actual business address, not the address of the registered agent. Why do you have a separate registered agent if you already have a business office in New Jersey?

Also, the law has changed in New Jersey effective March 18, 2013. Unless you have an operating agreement that clarifies many of the issues, you may find that the LLC will be functioning differently than what you planned. Therefore, it's crucial speak with an attorney about the establishment of your business.

Ron Cappuccio
    www.LLCLawyer.com
    856-665-2121

If you do not like this answer or disagree, please look at one of the other answers provided. It is not necessary for you to try prove this answer is "wrong" or something with which you do not agree. This is a free service for you based on limited facts. Nevertheless, many times you need to consult an attorney with the details to get actual advice specific to your concerns. Do not put too many details in your questions or comments because this makes the information public and could hurt you. Government Regulations contained in IRS Circular 230 regulate written communications about Federal tax matters, including e-mail, between us and our clients. This is another attempt by the government to limit your rights and to extend the control of government over individuals and businesses. Nevertheless, such communications are either opinions or other written communications. This is not an opinion. It is other written communication and was not written to be relied upon, by itself, to avoid any tax penalties. In order to receive assurances of protection from tax penalties from a written communication, you should get an opinion letter. If you would like to discuss an opinion letter relating to any matter, please contact me and I will explain what is involved and what it will cost.

3. Nj has a website that clearly spells out your obligations.Its user friendly and keyword based.Read it.

Advice provided is general in nature and should not be relied upon without retaining qualified and experienced legal counsel who is able to review in details the precise facts and details of your legal matter.The law firm of Hanlon Niemann and fredrick p niemann disclaims any express or implied guarantees or warranties associated with this response.

Business topics