In the juvenile miranda warning a child has the right to have a parent present during questioning? What if the police refused?

Asked over 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

What if the police refused told the child after you tell me this or write this then we will call your parents. But the child has already asked repeatly for his parents.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Rohn Conan Barrow

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . The remedy for a Miranda violation is not allowing the use of the statements in the prosecution of the matter. The juvenile need a local criminal defense attorney to discuss the specifics of his case. Please not make any statements on an open forum.

  2. Randy William Ferguson

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . His statement probably can not be used against him.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,045 answers this week

2,961 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,045 answers this week

2,961 attorneys answering