In Texas should i have been notified of an pending arrest warrant before I was arrested.?

Forney, TX |

I was not aware.of any problems.until they showed up to arrest us.

1. In Texas, you have no right to be informed of an arrest warrant. Law enforcement has no obligation to tell you a warrant has been issued before arresting you.

My avvo answers are not legal advice. This is not an attorney client relationship. Before making any decision on how to proceed, you should hire the best local criminal defense lawyer you can afford. Do not post sensitive information on Avvo, this forum is not privileged or confidential.

2. No, you are not entitled to notice of a pending arrest warrant or investigation. Many people, if warned would likely evade, therefore police have an interest in maintaining surprise.

If you have been arrested on a warrant, the state has started to build its case against you. You should talk to a criminal defense attorney that can help you determine your options.

Good luck

3. Nope - no notification of a warrant because of the possibility that you could run. Unless a person is caught red-handed in an offense, then they way generally find out about a warrant is lawyer letters to the house, the investigator calls and wants the accused to come in for an interview, or they get picked up.

You need to hire a lawyer to represent you. Sooner is better than later.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.