In Texas should i have been notified of an pending arrest warrant before I was arrested.?

Asked about 3 years ago - Forney, TX

I was not aware.of any problems.until they showed up to arrest us.

1. Robert Sterling Guest

Pro

Answered . In Texas, you have no right to be informed of an arrest warrant. Law enforcement has no obligation to tell you a warrant has been issued before arresting you.

2. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

Answered . No, you are not entitled to notice of a pending arrest warrant or investigation. Many people, if warned would likely evade, therefore police have an interest in maintaining surprise.

If you have been arrested on a warrant, the state has started to build its case against you. You should talk to a criminal defense attorney that can help you determine your options.

Good luck

3. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . Nope - no notification of a warrant because of the possibility that you could run. Unless a person is caught red-handed in an offense, then they way generally find out about a warrant is lawyer letters to the house, the investigator calls and wants the accused to come in for an interview, or they get picked up.

You need to hire a lawyer to represent you. Sooner is better than later.