In Texas can you get an ID card if you have warrants?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baytown, TX

I have some traffic ticket warrants from 2004 and I need to get a state issued ID. I know I need to take care of my warrants and I am working on that, but can I go into the DPS office to get an ID without getting arrested?

1. Sallye Ann Wilton

3

1

Answered . You will likely be arrested if you go into a DPS office with warrants they are aware of. The best way to check if DPS has notice is to go to their website where courts report delinquent citations: http://www.texasfailuretoappear.com/search.php Be aware that sometimes the data online is inaccurate or behind schedule. Consult an attorney to get your issues cleared up.

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . There is a good chance you will be arrested - especially if the warrants are local.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Answered . You will almost certainly be arrested. Hire a ticket attorney to post bonds on the warrants and handle your cases. This is probably cheaper than you think and will save you money in the long run.