In Texas, is the Misdemeanor Diversion Program considered probation?

Asked 7 months ago - El Paso, TX

I am currently still part of the program and have recently found myself in a position for federal employment. I am trying my best to answer all questions honestly, but there is one that has me very unsure. The question that asks if I have in the last 10 years, been convicted, imprisoned, on probation, or on parole, and I am unsure how to answer in regards to the program. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Steven Ray Green

Pro

3

Answered . Pretrial diversion programs are not probation. You should be able to answer "No" to that question.

2. Daniel Lee O'Neil

2

Answered . Steven pointed you in the right direction. Best of luck

3. Phillip Wayne Goff

Pro

2

Answered . From our perspective as criminal defense lawyers, the answer is clearly no. However, the standard used by employers is not necessarily the same. I did a quick check and saw a pretrial diversion program for certain offenses involving trustworthiness bars employment with the FDIC: http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/5000... . I think you are going to have to see the individual agency's rules. This question would be better asked in a different forum, probably employment law.

4. Thomas Lane Hooton

Answered . I agree Steven and the answer he gave. Good advice.