In Tennessee is Aggravated Statutory Rape a Class A,B,C,D felony ?

Memphis, TN |

When convicted does somebody serve say 2 years total or is it 2 year per convicted charge ?

1. We have handled a lot of SR cases this year. Almost all have involved internet "hook ups" in which the child lies about their age. That is a defense to SR. You need to talk to an arty about possible defenses. Can't tell you how much time you are facing without info on any prior felony record you might have.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

2. The ages of the victim and the defendant is important in grading the offense. Most cases I have seen are charged as a B felony. This link will show you the ranges of punishment: http://collinsfirmtn.com/learn-more/blog/tennessee-sentencing-guidelines

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for information only. Call me or another attorney to represent you.

3. The aggravating factor in the charge will depend on the age of the victim and the defendant and they gap between. An additional factor is if the defendant was in an authority figure position over the victim. That could be any where from a babysitter to a Teacher.

4. Under Tennessee Code Annotated 39-13-506 (d)(3), Aggravated Statutory Rape is a "D Felony".

Violent crime topics