In statement of related cases where i include previous bankruptcy?

Asked over 3 years ago - Oxnard, CA

i received a court order because i didnt include a previous bankruptcy, where i should included in statemente of related cases

1. Bruce Allan Boice

Answered . In general, if you are an Individual or Joint Debtor and previously filed a bankruptcy, you will include on line one of Statement of Related Cases Document F1015-2.1:
    (1) Case number and title “In re Debtor’s Last Name” Where Debtor’s last name is your last name.
    (2) Date Petition was filed
    (3) Nature of proceeding – Chapter 7, 13 or 11
    (4) The name of the Bankruptcy Judge
    (5) Name of Court – “Central District of California, Santa Barbra” if you’re in Oxnard
    (6) Status – Either “Pending, Discharged or Dismissed”
    (7) Include address of any real estate that you included on Schedule A of your prior filing.
    You may also need to include this same information on line 4 if you filed a bankruptcy within the past 180 days.
    You can find this document at http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/ in the forms section.
    If you are not an individual or joint debtor I will need more information to answer your question correctly.

2. Michael Grennier

Answered . Yes, you will need to include any prior bankruptcy case information in the 1015-2 Statement of Related Cases. You should state the case number, location where filed, date filed and the disposition.

If you fail to do the above, an Order to Show Cause re: Dismissal will be scheduled to dismiss your pending case.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . What kind of court order? From the bankruptcy court?

If you did not disclose your previous bankruptcy on a subsequent bankruptcy petition, you must file an amendment to disclose the specifics of your prior bankruptcy on page 2 of the "voluntary petition" form.

It blows my mind that you would leave this required information off the petition - did you think the court wouldn't notice?

If you need to find out the particulars of the prior bankruptcy, you may follow the link below & look up the information for a relatively modest fee of 8 cents per page.

4. Mitchell Paul Goldstein

Answered . Was the court order a Show Cause? If so, you had better address the issue now and appear in court for your hearing to explain why you left it out. It could have been an honest mistake or oversight, but it needs to be corrected immediately the way that my colleague from California suggested (hey, it may be a uniform law, but every jurisdiction is different).