In State of New Jersey, will there be points for a seat belt violation? 39:3-76-2a

Morganville, NJ |

I was issued a ticket, in violation of 39:3-76-2a, for my son (6 years of age) not being in seat belt. I can't seem to find if there are any points tie to this violation on NJ DMV site as this violation is not listed on the point/fee schedules. Not sure if this is a fine only ticket that doesn't carry any point. Any advice will be appreciated.

Much Thanks!

seat belt violations are not moving violations.

No.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

No, but bear in mind your son probably needs to be in a booster seat unless he's on the larger side for his age group.

The foregoing is not legal advice, and nothing in the foregoing shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. If you feel you need to speak with an attorney regarding your issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney with expertise in your area of inquiry. The information related above is purely for informational purposes, and should not be acted upon without speaking with qualified counsel familiar with you specific situation and the laws related thereto.

No

No points.

The above information is only for general purposes and is not to be construed as legal advice. The answer provided is based only on the question that is posted. There are often many other factors involved which may have legal significance. It is always a good idea to personally consult an attorney. Feel free to visit our website for more information at www.njlegalservices.com