In search of an affordable attorney for an FD case..

Asked over 2 years ago - 07724

Need help retaining permanent custody. I have done all the footwork and know what info needs to be presented..I have done a detailed write up and gathered all pertinent info..or know what info needs to be gathered..My ex has an attorney and I do not. I need help presenting/laws of evidence IN THE COURT ROOM (max 2.5 hours)..It will take 3 hours tops to be spun up on the case. I need to level the field in the court room...There has been physical abuse documented and admitted by my ex towards my son...I have a strategy and will be requesting a custody evaluation..

1. David Perry Davis

Answered . If you're looking for someone to argue a motion / try the case, you should be able to find an attorney who will work on a "limited representation" basis so long as you're willing to sign a waiver. But unless you literally just want "stand-by counsel" (like you sometimes see in criminal cases when a defendant represents himself pro se; an attorney to sit at the table and assist with evidence issues, etc) whoever it is will usually need a least a few hours before court to review your case, the pleadings, etc.

You don't say what County the case is in, though.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Answered . You may request that the judge order your ex to pay attorney fees "pendent lite". You will need to show that he is able to financially pay for this, that you can't afford it and that there is no bad faith on your part. Custody cases are among the most difficult.