Skip to main content

In SD, CA,..Do you think I can enter US by ESTA with no problem with my details?

San Diego, CA |

Will I be refused entry or arrested for the crime? I don't know what crime I'm in now for unresolved citation. In San Diego, CA,When I was an international college student there. I got 640(b)(1)fare evasion notice to appear citation, yellow paper 5 years ago. I've left it unsolved. There are several reasons for leaving it unsolved as consequese. Since my ID, drivers license's address was not where I live at the time, I did not get any letters from court. And it is my fault that I was not fully understanding what I needed to do for that because of my English. but now, I'm in my country and want to go back to CA for visit. I am worried about it. I really appreciate if you give me advises and answers. Also, I dont speak English fluently, so appreciate if you answer my questions in easy ways

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You will need to answer the ESTA form honestly and it will tell you whether you are approved to enter with ESTa or will need a visitor visa. You may want to contact a criminal lawyer in San diego to resolve your citation problem even before you come.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277

    Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  2. Hire a San Diego criminal defense attorney to clear this up for you.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

  3. You will need to hire a criminal defense attorney to resolve your unresolved criminal records, you will surely be prohibited from entering the U.S. with unresolved legal issues. The defense attorney could most likely negotiate with the prosecutor after explaining your situation.

    The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

  4. If there is a warrant out for you, you very well could be refused admission and/or detained. Neither the consul nor the DHS will be interested in why the ticket was left unresolved, so you should consult with a criminal defense attorney in advance to clear this up.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics