In SD, CA,..Do you think I can enter US by ESTA with no problem with my details?

San Diego, CA |

Will I be refused entry or arrested for the crime? I don't know what crime I'm in now for unresolved citation. In San Diego, CA,When I was an international college student there. I got 640(b)(1)fare evasion notice to appear citation, yellow paper 5 years ago. I've left it unsolved. There are several reasons for leaving it unsolved as consequese. Since my ID, drivers license's address was not where I live at the time, I did not get any letters from court. And it is my fault that I was not fully understanding what I needed to do for that because of my English. but now, I'm in my country and want to go back to CA for visit. I am worried about it. I really appreciate if you give me advises and answers. Also, I dont speak English fluently, so appreciate if you answer my questions in easy ways

You will need to answer the ESTA form honestly and it will tell you whether you are approved to enter with ESTa or will need a visitor visa. You may want to contact a criminal lawyer in San diego to resolve your citation problem even before you come.

--
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277
website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

I really appreciate those who responded to my question. From advices, I got the idea that I definitely should contact criminal defense attorney to consult and to find ways to resolve my case before going to US. I got 4 new questions from your answers. And I am very helped by who will give me advices about next questions. <Q> 1. As you may know from information above, I have difficulty to understand English. Do you think I need to find an attorney who understand my language? 2.I now know criminal defense attorney can handle my situation. Does all criminal defense attorneyes know immigration laws very well? This is because it's related to re-entry to US and also have questions about future visa matters. 3. Do you think it's not good idea to consult an attorney who does not understand my language. I thank if an attorney is very helpful, has very strong passion to resolve client's problems and high skills and experiences to resolve cases in shorter time. I can try to contact in English. However, how about you guys? It's not easy to understand and tell what you want to say for those who has difficulties to understand your Englsih or to tell his/her problems and their offers. 4. Do you think it costs pretty high to hire an attorney to finish resolving my case. Thank you very very much for reading.

Hire a San Diego criminal defense attorney to clear this up for you.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

You will need to hire a criminal defense attorney to resolve your unresolved criminal records, you will surely be prohibited from entering the U.S. with unresolved legal issues. The defense attorney could most likely negotiate with the prosecutor after explaining your situation.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

If there is a warrant out for you, you very well could be refused admission and/or detained. Neither the consul nor the DHS will be interested in why the ticket was left unresolved, so you should consult with a criminal defense attorney in advance to clear this up.

Education law topics