In regards to defereed action, I do not have a GED or diploma. but Currently in College

Santa Fe, NM |

ive taken some of the GED tests but i am not ready to take all. I currently attend Community college. I will take the final GED exam (math) when I am ready. Would I qualify under the "currently in school" requirement? Also, I have the 245I documentation (filed in 1997). If I get denied for Defereed Act. , can this have a negative effect if i ever attempt to adjust my status via marriage? with the use of my 245I? I know I have 245I because I am the beneficiary of a previous petition (1998) and my siblings have since married and adjusted their status in months. I am also looking for an attorney to take on my case, especially because I had 2 traffic tickets that I did not pay until 4 years later. (driving without a license).Paid all tickets sorry for the typos :) thank u for your time

1. You will qualify for deferred if you are currently enrolled. Resolve your ticket situation as you do not want warrants at the time you apply.

2. Currently in a GED program is good.

Your 'disregard' for the law and the court system can be a problem.

Meet with an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.