In Queens NY crimnal court what is the difference between parts QTC- Queens Treatment Court and QDDN?

New York, NY |

Not exactly sure what QDDN stands for... I think it is Queens Diversion ?? I know someone who goes to the QTC part and is in a TASC program for drugs and has to report to QTC approx. every 3 weeks. Recently a friend of mines daughter plead guilty to a drug charge and has to report to the QDDN part, but her court date is two months out, she also has to go to TASC. Just trying to understand why she reports to QDDN and not QTC.

Her attorney is in the best position to provide her with this type of information.

The Queens Treatment Court (QTC) is a drug court program for first-time nonviolent felony drug offenders who are arrested in Queens County , New York. QDDN sounds like a criminal part of the court in Queens, but I can't say if it is a particular part dedicated to drug diversion, though it may likely be. It is difficult to say why she is in one program as opposed to another, but there may be varying criteria. You should speak to her attorney since s/he is part of the TASC program function.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

You can ask her attorney or the court clerk for specific information on court programs and responsibilities regarding a sentence or plea.

www.estrellalawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com