In process of divorce, my husband is now claiming disability so will I have to pay him alimony?

Tracy, CA |

He was the main income earner and I worked part time to take care of the kids.

Possibly, but unlikely. He will likely get disability income greater than your income. Hence, as his income is likely to still be higher, you unlikely will pay spousal support.

Paying support depends upon a lot of factors, including length of marriage and income of the respective parties, to name a few of many. Counsel needs this, and other, information to give you a general response. Generally speaking, it is possible you coul be ordered to pay support, but whether your situation calls for it something you should contact a family law attorney about to give all the pertinent information to get a reliable response. If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please relay that information to the attorney by checking on the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce