In process of divorce, my husband is now claiming disability so will I have to pay him alimony?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tracy, CA

He was the main income earner and I worked part time to take care of the kids.

1. Adam Nathan Gurley

Answered . Possibly, but unlikely. He will likely get disability income greater than your income. Hence, as his income is likely to still be higher, you unlikely will pay spousal support.

2. Martha Bronson

Answered . Paying support depends upon a lot of factors, including length of marriage and income of the respective parties, to name a few of many. Counsel needs this, and other, information to give you a general response. Generally speaking, it is possible you coul be ordered to pay support, but whether your situation calls for it something you should contact a family law attorney about to give all the pertinent information to get a reliable response. If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please relay that information to the attorney by checking on the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.