Skip to main content

In pennsylvania. What action can be taken if my brother, the executor of the will refuses to distribute the assets of the will.

Pittsburgh, PA |

It has been three years since my mother's death I have not received my inheritance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would suggest Meeting with an attorney in the county where the estate was probated. It is likely that they will contact the executor or the the attorney of the estate. If no easy resolution can be had, it will be necessary to petition the Orphans' Court in that county to require an accounting of the estate and to force distribution from the esate. You can take a look at this site for additional information on the probate process and things to consider.


This does not sound good. You need to hire an estate litigation attorney to demand an immediate accounting of your brother's activity. Usually the only time estates last this long is if there are hard to value real estate or businesses or an IRS dispute.

Hope this helps.
Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law in PA. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is only in the form of legal education and is intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received.
By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question.
Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer