In PA is it possible for a family to pay tuition so that their child attends public school in another district?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

If so what are the steps in doing this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Susan Grace Soto


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You may find an answer on the website for the school district where you'd like to send your child. Look for enrollment guidelines/policies, out-of-district transfer policies, etc. There may be a page somewhere on the site that provides the information - if not, there will be a department directory with phone numbers that will point you in the right direction. You will probably need to call the Student Services department, an assistant superintendent's office, or something along those lines.

    For example, on the Pittsburgh Public Schools website, there is a link at the bottom of the home page for both "Enrollment" and "Contact Us."

    I hope you find the information you're looking for - good luck to you!

Related Topics

Education law

Education law focuses on issues in schools and universities, such as appealing suspensions and expulsions, or updating IEPs (Individualized Education Programs).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,588 answers this week

3,435 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,588 answers this week

3,435 attorneys answering