In on an 1 student visa at a college , i came here 29 days prior to classes starting and have paid fees i now want to marry

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

i met a USC in London last year and we spent the week she was in London together , i had already applied and gained the 1 visa before this . i was planning to go to college in august 2012 but differed and came in January 2013 , the USC in question is from taxes and my college is in California . she has decided she wants to move to Cali to be with me as we have kept in contact via face book and Skyler . We have been talking about the option of marrying as we do both love each other , i have paid my fees for the school which mi on an 1 visa too i also plan to pursue my degree . We are worried however that if we do marry that it will look like visa fraud if we marry early and we are not sure what to do , are there chances of it being visa fraud as i didn't have intent to marry when i came here . help !

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you wish to marry, you should marry. I would recommend hiring an attorney to guide you through the process.

2. Christian Schmidt

7

1

Answered . You can get married at this point but should attend school and apply for a green card a little later down the road. However, once married you should be prepared to not leave the US until you filed for adjustment and obtained a travel document.

3. Theodore S. Huang

4

1

Answered . You are prudent to be concerned about perceived misuse of the student visa, although it is possible to have a change of plans and intent. Work with an immigration attorney to help prepare the most compelling green card case. Good luck.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

1

Answered . You are right that there can be the appearance of visa fraud since you met BEFORE you came to the US. However, a competent attorney can prepare your application and supporting documents, as well as prepare you for interview so as to maximize your chances for success.