In Ohio is there a manner in which a landlord provide lease renewal/modification? Mail or personally?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, OH

Office claims to have mailed lease renewal/modification in November

1. Joseph Luke Beyke

Pro

2

Answered . I do not believe Ohio law dictates the manner of renewing a lease. I suggest looking at your lease (or former lease) and checking to see if it specifies the manner by which a lease is renewed.

2. Peter Stephen Kirner

Answered . I agree with counsel, this should be dictated by the terms of your lease. I once had a case where someone renewed orally, but the lease required the renewal to be in writing. This issue went to trial. Be very careful or be VERY careful. If you are concerned, send it in writing by ordinary mail, certified mail, email, and hand deliver. If you have no concerns, I would send by ordinary mail. Maybe ask the landlord to sign a confirmation of renewal or something showing all is well. Good luck.