In ohio if a husband recieves life insurance money from his dead mother and we are married am I legally untitled to half.

Columbus, OH |

We are now split but was together when he got the money and he gave me half. Now he wants his half back and it wasn't a lot but most is gone paying bills,etc.while we were together and also after we split.

No, you are not entitled to half. But since you already got it, you don't have to give it back. Whoops!

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first.

When he gave it to you-it became a gift.
If he had kept it separate-he could have kept it all.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

He gave you a gift. He can't take it back.

Mr. Huddleston is an Ohio-Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, with offices in Columbus and Dayton, serving client families and private business owners throughout Ohio. He may be contacted directly by phone toll-free at 888.488.7878 or by email CLH@HUDDLAW.COM. Mr. Huddleston responds to Avvo questions as a public service to help educate and provide general guidance to questioners, but his responses are not legal advice and do not create an attorney-client relationship.

It was a gift, so best not to give it back.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates