In October i turn 18 years old, can i leave home? Im still in school. Do my parents have the right to go and get me?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Shallowater, TX

can i inroll myself into another school?

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . At 18 you can leave home. And, you can enroll wherever you live. If you do leave home, please do continue in school. You will not be hurting your parents to drop out but you would be hurting yourself. Good luck.

2. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

Answered . Yes, at 18 you are allowed to make these decisions for yourself. As Ms. Henley notes, continue with school and do your best to "show" your parents by succeeding in life. Get an education, work hard and some day learn how to be a family again, if necessary.

Good luck to you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now