In nys what happens when one of the named heirs to a deceased person dies prior to distribution of the assets

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

my uncle died and left 4 heirs in his will. One of the heirs died prior to final distribution of the assets. How are the assets distributed.

1. Frank Louis Buquicchio

4

Answered . Unless there was a provision in the Will regarding survivorship (ie, that a beneficiary must survive me by 90 days) the distribution is to the beneficiary's estatr

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . Ordinarily to his estate.

3. James D. Kiley

3

Answered . To the heir's heirs- either pursuant to his/her Will or to his/her heirs at law as defined in NY intestacy statute if he/she died without a Will

4. David A. Kubikian

3

Answered . If a beneficiary survives the testator but dies prior to the probate of the will (or final distribution), assuming nothing stating otherwise in the testator's will, that beneficiary's share of the testator's estate will go to his estate and then be distributed pursuant to his own will.

5. James Maisano

2

Answered . You need to read the will closely. Did he leave the shares per capita or per stirpes? This is a key question that needs to be answered and you may want to discuss with an attorney.

6. Maria C. Tebano

1

Answered . They assets will be distributed through the heirs estate.

7. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . According to the provisions of the deceased person's will or statutory estate plan.