IN NYS how do I file a complaint against court apointed attorney for horrific lack of improper representation in family court???

Asked over 1 year ago - Poughkeepsie, NY

MY ATTORNEY HAD ALWAYS SEEMED TO BE "RESERVED" WEN IT CAME DOWN TO DEFENDING ME AGAINST EVERY LIE MY EX SAID, UNDER OATH, WITHOUT ANY PROOF OR EVIDENCE TO BACK HIS STATEMENTS WHAT SO EVER. THIS YEAR I HAD ENOUGH, & I DECIEDED TO STAND UP & "RESPECTFULY ASK THE JUDGE IF I MAY SPEAK REGARDING MY EX'S STATEMENTS VERBALIZED BY HIS COUSEL" - MY ATTORNEY LITERALLY WROTE ON HIS NOTE PAD IN HUGE WORDS - " SIT THE F -- DOWN & SHUT UR MOUTH!! - EVEN BATTER

AFTER ALL OF MY PAPER TRAILING, EVERY OUNCE OF NEGLECT & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OF MY EX, NONE OF MY EVIDENCE EVER WENT TO THE JUDGE - BUT MY EX SPIT OUT LIE AFTER LIE - MY KIDS ARE FREE WELFARE TO HIM - ITS LIKE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST ME - MY LAWYER, HIS, THE JUDGE & LAW GUARDIAN - HOW DO I STOP THIS? MY EX IS DANGEROUS - CPS DOESNT EVEN LISTENT 2 ME.

>>REGARDING "EVEN BATTER" - WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS THAT MY ATTORNEY HAD WRITTEN HIS "SIT THE F DOWN & SHUT UP" SO BIG & BOLD - EVEN BATTERED WOMEN'S AGENCY REPS BEHIND ME COULD READ IT THIS HAPPENED ON MUTIPLE OCCASIONS -ITS NOT ABOUT HOW HE SPOKE TO ME - IT'S SIMPLY ABOUT HIS LACK OF PROPER COUSEL ON MY BEHALF - ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHERE TO GO FROM HERE - AS I SEEM TO HAVE A BETTER CHANCE REPRESENTING MYSELF THAN WITH A COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY AS PROVED DUE TO THE SHEER FACT THAT I ALLOWED THIS ATTORNEY TO DO NOTHING YET GET PAID FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS - AND WHEN I FINALLY SPOKE UP ABOUT RIGHTS - TABLES SEEMED TO HAVE TURNED. IM NOT ABOUT MONEY OR MEDIA - IF A LEGAL MATTER IS ABOUT THE CHILDREN - IT SHOULD REMAIN ABOUT THE CHILDREN BASED ON THE FACTS - NOT SOMEONES SHEER "OPINION". I MAY BE A WOMAN, BUT I KNOW I AM RIGHT - I THOUGH WE HAD PASSED OVER THE TIMES OF SEXISM, RACISM,& BIAS? HOW CAN THIS STOP?!!

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

1

Answered . Complaints against attorneys may be filed with your local county's Bar Association. You may consider speaking to a legal malpractice attorney. That said, it behooves you to schedule a consultation with a Dutchess/Westchester Family Law attorney to have a full assessment of your situation and to determ,ine your best "next steps."

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
One or more answers have been taken down.