In NY what does restored mean in a divorce case?

Mastic, NY |

I live in NY and I would like to know what does it mean when a judge restored my divorce case,does that mean I am divorced?

1. A restoration means the matter is back on the court's calendar. This does not mean you are or are not divorced. This matter can be restored pre judgment or post judgment, but the way you say it, it seems it is pre judgment and you are not divorced.

2. Can't say for certain based upon the information that you have provided, With that said, it probably means that the case was inactive and it has not been restored to active status. That would not mean that you are divorced at this time.

3. The court has various calendars--discovery, trial, etc.... Sometimes a case is taken off a calendar due to inactivity, non-appearance of a party, etc.... The term "restored" generally means that a case that was taken off/marked off a calendar is put back on the calendar and is an active case. It would not mean that you are divorced. If you have an attorney representing you, consult with him/her about the status of your case.

4. It means restored to the calendar. It may have been taken off for some reason, then some action put it back on.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

5. It means the case is back in court. Consult with a local divorce lawyer to help you. You are not divorced if the case was restored.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

6. No - your case is back on the calendar after having been struck off.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

7. It means that your case was taken off the active case list for some reason and now the Court has restored it to the active case list. It does not mean you are divorced.

8. As my colleagues state, it has merely been restored to the court's calendar.

9. It means that at some point the case was marked off the court's calendar and now it is back on the court's calendar for some reason. Having the case restored to the calendar does not necessarily mean that you are divorced.

10. "Restored" is simply a term that means that your case went from an inactive status (there are different types) to an active status. It may have been marked "dismissed" or some other category. It means your case can or is moving forward again.

Cory Rosenbaum, Esq. NonToxicDivorce.com