In Ny, can I provide a service..(as an independent contractor) In which I find legal services for prospective clients to a

Asked 11 months ago - White Plains, NY

Lawyer? In other words..Simply put, is it legal for me acting as an independent contractor..To find and or connect a prospective client to a lawyer and charge some kind of fee (Agreed upon with the client). Some kind of paper contract written up and signed by me and the client simply stating that I will look and try to find them the correct lawyer, and right fit for whatever their specific needs are? Because, unfortunately..There is an underserved population and or people that are not aware of their rights and don't know how to find the correct/proper legal entity who will either A ) Represent them properly or B)Walk them through the correct legal proceedings. Example: employment discriminations, labor laws etc..Non english speaking population. It's not always easy finding lawyers

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

7

Answered . Not legal in any state I am aware of. The underserved populations of which you speak are particularly vulnerable to being tricked and abused. Such a service, were it legal, would quickly devolve into a racket generating as much liability as opportunity.

2. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . There is term for what you want to do. It is called "capping".
    It is strictly forbidden.