In New York State can I find out who opened an ACS case against my family

Brooklyn, NY |

we followed requested me and my wife drug tests. Because someone told a CS that my wife used crack and cocaine which was a lie and urine test samples came back clean for me and my wife we do not drink or even smoke we have not heard from the ACS agent in over 2 months and we would like to know if there is a way to find out if the case is closed and if we can find out who reported us with false accusations, thank you very much

1. ACS will send you a letter when their investigation is complete informing you whether or not the allegations were founded. It is unlikely you will be able to find out who made the report as hotline calls are supposed to be anonymous.

2. You will receive a letter that will advise you of the outcome of the investigation. Hotline reports are anonymous so, like Ms. Bovee said, its unlikely you'll find that part out.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general answer to the question posed.