In Nevada hit sign while driving someone else's car. They had liabily not collision.whose responsable for car replacement?

Las Vegas, NV |

In nevada while driving someone else's car hit a sign- car owner only had liability not collision. I live in another state and had no insurance since my car ins. was on hold. Am I legally responible for replacing this totalled car? does their insurance cover either my medical, sign or tickets. Can I stop them from calling me and trying to contact me all day long?

From what you said, it isn’t likely that insurance will cover anything other than the property damage to the sign. Make sure that you put the insurance company on notice of the incident. If his insurance includes med pay coverage, then you can submit your medical bills to them for payment. Otherwise, you are out of luck. This is why I always recommend that everyone carry their own insurance, with uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, with the highest policy limits they can afford.

Whose is responsible for replacing the car?

Robert Don Fink

Robert Don Fink

You very well may be because from what you said, insurance is likely proper in denying that portion of the claim. Speak with a local lawyer to be sure. He can also review the insurance policy and documents.

When you drive a car, you are responsible for ALL damage when you have an accident. Anything your friend's insurance does pay, they will look to you for reimbursement.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

You may be legally liable to the vehicle owner for the damage to the car. While your friend's insurance covers the car for "liability", the language of the policy is probably written in such a way that it will not cover you for liability to the vehicle's owner for the damage to the car.

On the other hand, the liability coverage should apply to a claim for the damage to the sign, I assume by the owning public entity.

If there is liability coverage only in the policy, there is nothing in the policy that will cover your medical bills. Lastly, auto insurance will not pay your traffic citation fine.

This advice you are receiving from the other attorneys responding is correct. You would appear to be on the hook. Your options will depend on the cost of repairs and what kind of money you have/earn. Be proactice and don't ignore collection efforts. A wise course would include consulting with an attorney who practices in bankruptcy/debt management in your locality.

Yes, yes, no. Call them back and try to work things out, ignoring them will only make it worse.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.