In need of a Med Mal Attorney, or Law Firm please. Surgery Center caused Cardiac arrest, TIA & Nerve damages from Oral Sx.

Port Charlotte, FL |

Thank you for reading. In August 2012 I had an Oral Extraction (Tampa), through an Our Pt Surgery Center to extract 4 teeth. During my surgery,the Surgeon & anesthesiologist neglected to notice they had given a lethal dose of general & local anesthesia, which my cardiac arrest caused.No pulse 8 mins. Within the next 3 weeks I suffered severe migraines with aura, nerve damage, dislocated jaw TMJ, spinal stenosis in my C-5- T-1 (caused neck/back injury from the CPR performed on OR table), cervical dystonia, trigenimal damage, and a mild stroke. It's been horrible. I have a Neurologist, Cardiologist now, after 14 months,as we were lied to about this cardiac arrest. We have 4 kids,which a 4 month old at that time. I lost my left side,speech(broca's),memeory, BAD migraines w/sinus disease

I have been placed through LOT's of painful Medical procedures, EMG, Botox, Heart Cath Ect.. We even lost 1 Car to repo. Husband had to stay at home to help with our baby. I couldn't use my left side,talk, think ect.Can't work in Medical again.ALL caused by their negligence. Case 2: Local Hospital misdx me for my TIA, as "migraine".I was admitted for 4 day's after my Husband rushed me to ER. Inflammation,which I have the MRI to prove. Destroyed our lives. I have emotional/mental issues from the lack of O2 & TBI from mild stroke and I'm not the same Mom, Wife, or Person I once even knew.Kids lost their Mom.I have other issue's not stated.Much more! I have ALL documentation. We've lost so much! In high hopes they WON'T Ever do this to another Family! Just Horrible.*Please allow me to know if you can, or please refer any legal assistance surrounding Charlotte County,Fl.

I am sorry to hear about everything you have endured. It would encourage you to seek out a lawyer that handles medical maloractice cases as soon as possible. Feel free to call anyone on this site

Thank you, Mr.Kaire. I appreciate your kind words ,as we are in high hopes to have this situation to be complete within the year. Finally to end. Therefore we can move forward more positively. I hope their lying & negligence will result in a loss of their license's, so no other Patient's (with their Family) has to suffer, as we have. Many Blessing's to you. Thank you.

Mark Alexander Kaire

Mark Alexander Kaire

Best of luck to you and your family. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know

I appreciate, Mr.Kaire. Thank you.

Quite an awful ordeal. Consult with an experienced medical/dental malpractice attorney ASAP, by using this site or contacting you local bar association.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

Thank you Mr. Schoen. I appreciate your thought's and have doing so. Hopefully we will finally find comfort and closure within the year. Many Blessing's to you.

What you are going through is terrible, and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If you were in-fact given an overdose of anesthesia you should have a strong case. The only way to determine the strength of your case and possibility of recovery is by contacting a qualified medical malpractice attorney licensed in your state.

This information is for educational purposes only, as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. The information provided does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. This information should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed, professional attorney in your state.

Thank you Mr.Misch, I appreciate your kind thought's greatly,as all is still mundane...I'm doing better,than I had been 16 months ago, which for us is a Blessing. We truly require more closure, than anything else currently. Happily looking forward to this situation to be complete within the year. Many Blessing's to you. Thank you.

First of all, unfortunately this forum doesn't really function as a jobs bulletin board, so you may not get much in the way of a response to your post. You will have to take the initiative and contact attorneys to find one to represent you. Otherwise, folks often post questions on this forum setting out a set of facts related to a medical procedure or surgery, asking if they can pursue a malpractice case. Unfortunately, a site such as this is really very limited when it comes to any attorney being able to give you a substantive response. Medical malpractice cases are expensive to pursue, difficult to prove and highly technical in nature, since you need experts to establish what the standard of care is and that it was breached in some fashion. You need to have a medical malpractice attorney get the files and have them reviewed by a physician to determine if professional negligence occurred and if you have any recourse. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...
THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Sounds like you have experienced a respiratory arrest caused by an anesthesia error. These are so much more common than people realize. I have handled several. You should have your medical records reviewed by a FLorida law firm such as ours or one you locate on AVVO.

Thank you Ms.Herd. Yes. In fact, My Sister in Law suffered Resp arrest from a similar out patient surgery center, while undergoing an oral extraction several months after mine. Although, she was rushed by ambulance to a local Hospital in your area. Frightening for my Husband and I to hear of this, especially after my horrid experience. She is my Husband Twin Sister. She is doing ok, yet has minor damages. I haven't been as lucky. Also, ALL my Sponsor's (money) pulled out not long after hearing about my stroke. who would invest now. Before this I had been in the process of creating a Non-Profit ( legally) & were supposed to begin working again in Medical, not long after my dental extraction (& baby/delivery). Their negligence....and the Hospital misdiagnosis of my TIA (aka Migraine to them)...Simply ripped our lives apart and downward spiral effect after. Thank you. I can't run, or play with our kids.

Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Elizabeth Taylor Herd

I think your damages sound significant. We are not allowed to promote ourselves or another law firm on AVVO but you need to have your case evaluated by attorney who is familiar with the medicine.

Thank you, Ms.Herd and truly appreciate. :)

It sounds like you have good cases. You need to contact a lawyer, as AVVO's rules prohibit us from specifically recommending someone. There is a two-year statute of limitations in Florida for these claims. Significant pre-suit work, and then notice needs to be completed before then, or you will not be able to pursue the claim(s).

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.

Thank you Mr.Miller. This August ( 2o14) is when the two year statue will expire, therefore was hopeful in making sure before proceeding that I have every injury from my cases documented, prior to taking legal action... All duck in a row...So to speak. Considered by waiting that this may also reduce any further expenses from the Attorney, or Law, who accept my case(s), so we can forth thereafter. I'm in high hopes in having anAttorney assist our Family and also stopping these Doctor's from having another Family suffer, as ours have. I appreciate your advice and thought's, Mr.Miller with Many Blessing's to you. Thank you.

Clifford M. Miller

Clifford M. Miller

Good luck! Waiting will increase, not decrease the costs to you, and it will make it more difficult for the attorney to prove your case, resulting in you finding it more difficult to get an attorney at all; so act quickly.

Thank you. :) Indeed.. I have contacted several Firms since then. I just received my cardiac cath results, so now... I can proceed... No time better, then the present.

Clifford M. Miller

Clifford M. Miller

GL

Appreciate.

As others stated above, you need to consult with a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. In Florida there is a 2 year statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims and if the injury occurred in August 2012, your quickly running out of time. Best of Luck!

Thank you, Mr. Tucker. I truly appreciate your thoughts in this matter. I agree. This August ( 2o14) is when the two year statue will expire, therefore was hopeful in making sure before proceeding that I have every injury from my cases documented, prior to taking any legal action... All duck in a row...So to speak. Considered by waiting that this may also reduce any further expenses from the Attorney, or Law Firm, who accepts my case(s), so we can forth thereafter. I'm in high hopes in having an Attorney assist our Family and also stopping these Doctor's from having another Family suffer, as have mine. In high hopes also that they will in return lose their Licenses in the end. Thank you Mr. Tucker. Many Blessing's to you.

Robert Kenneth Tucker II

Robert Kenneth Tucker II

just remember that you will need to hire an attorney that will act quickly as obtaining and reviewing records will take 60-90 days. after the attorney review, an expert will have to be retained to review and render an opinion before anything can go forward against the prospective defendant(s). good luck with your case and best wishes to you and your family.

You have come to the right site. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a LOW contingency fee. Good luck.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury