In need of a Med Mal Attorney, or Law Firm please. Surgery Center caused Cardiac arrest, TIA & Nerve damages from Oral Sx.

Asked 6 months ago - Port Charlotte, FL

Thank you for reading. In August 2012 I had an Oral Extraction (Tampa), through an Our Pt Surgery Center to extract 4 teeth. During my surgery,the Surgeon & anesthesiologist neglected to notice they had given a lethal dose of general & local anesthesia, which my cardiac arrest caused.No pulse 8 mins. Within the next 3 weeks I suffered severe migraines with aura, nerve damage, dislocated jaw TMJ, spinal stenosis in my C-5- T-1 (caused neck/back injury from the CPR performed on OR table), cervical dystonia, trigenimal damage, and a mild stroke. It's been horrible. I have a Neurologist, Cardiologist now, after 14 months,as we were lied to about this cardiac arrest. We have 4 kids,which a 4 month old at that time. I lost my left side,speech(broca's),memeory, BAD migraines w/sinus disease

I have been placed through LOT's of painful Medical procedures, EMG, Botox, Heart Cath Ect.. We even lost 1 Car to repo. Husband had to stay at home to help with our baby. I couldn't use my left side,talk, think ect.Can't work in Medical again.ALL caused by their negligence.
Case 2: Local Hospital misdx me for my TIA, as "migraine".I was admitted for 4 day's after my Husband rushed me to ER. Inflammation,which I have the MRI to prove. Destroyed our lives. I have emotional/mental issues from the lack of O2 & TBI from mild stroke and I'm not the same Mom, Wife, or Person I once even knew.Kids lost their Mom.I have other issue's not stated.Much more!
I have ALL documentation. We've lost so much! In high hopes they WON'T Ever do this to another Family! Just Horrible.*Please allow me to know if you can, or please refer any legal assistance surrounding Charlotte County,Fl.

1. Mark Alexander Kaire

10

Answered . I am sorry to hear about everything you have endured. It would encourage you to seek out a lawyer that handles medical maloractice cases as soon as possible. Feel free to call anyone on this site

2. Michael P. Misch

11

Answered . What you are going through is terrible, and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If you were in-fact given an overdose of anesthesia you should have a strong case. The only way to determine the strength of your case and possibility of recovery is by contacting a qualified medical malpractice attorney licensed in your state.

3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

9

Answered . Sounds like you have experienced a respiratory arrest caused by an anesthesia error. These are so much more common than people realize. I have handled several. You should have your medical records reviewed by a FLorida law firm such as ours or one you locate on AVVO.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . Quite an awful ordeal. Consult with an experienced medical/dental malpractice attorney ASAP, by using this site or contacting you local bar association.

5. David Herman Hirsch

9

Answered . First of all, unfortunately this forum doesn't really function as a jobs bulletin board, so you may not get much in the way of a response to your post. You will have to take the initiative and contact attorneys to find one to represent you. Otherwise, folks often post questions on this forum setting out a set of facts related to a medical procedure or surgery, asking if they can pursue a malpractice case. Unfortunately, a site such as this is really very limited when it comes to any attorney being able to give you a substantive response. Medical malpractice cases are expensive to pursue, difficult to prove and highly technical in nature, since you need experts to establish what the standard of care is and that it was breached in some fashion. You need to have a medical malpractice attorney get the files and have them reviewed by a physician to determine if professional negligence occurred and if you have any recourse. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...
    THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

6. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

7

Answered . It sounds like you have good cases. You need to contact a lawyer, as AVVO's rules prohibit us from specifically recommending someone. There is a two-year statute of limitations in Florida for these claims. Significant pre-suit work, and then notice needs to be completed before then, or you will not be able to pursue the claim(s).

7. Robert Kenneth Tucker II

Pro

7

Answered . As others stated above, you need to consult with a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. In Florida there is a 2 year statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims and if the injury occurred in August 2012, your quickly running out of time. Best of Luck!

Pro

6

1

Answered . You have come to the right site. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a LOW contingency fee. Good luck.