In need of a criminal lawyer, to handle driving on suspended due to a dui I received in Naples Fl pled to down to reckless.

Gainesville, FL |

I have moved to Shanghia China for work and this still not taken care of. I would like to plead absentia with the help of a local attorney, but am having no luck. I am not sure why this can not be handled through an attorney, with fines and fees. Please recommend a good criminal attorney as it would cost me a fortune to return, any help you coulf give is much appreciated

You should definitely seek the advice of counsel on this matter. Did you also receive the driving on a suspended license charge in Naples as well? As a criminal defense attorney that practices statewide most jurisdictions will seek jail time when you are alleged to be driving on a suspended license when the basis of the suspension was originally for a DUI. This can be negotiated and is not required by law. However, this may be the reason you are having a hard time with being able to find someone that will allow you to plea in absentia. It is possible to convince the Prosecutor to avoid the jail time but it will depend on the specific facts of your case. Also, are you still on probation? If so, this could also dramatically impact your ability to plea in absentia. I strongly encourage you to speak to someone that handles these specific matters as soon as you can.

Thanks for the input, I received the DUI in Naples and the driving on suspened in gainesville. Theres no probation, I plead to reckless driving completed any and all requirments they set forth. I will try to find a Gainesville FL attorney that can handle this... Again Thank You

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

No problem. As a former prosecutor in Gainesville I'm very familar with their practices. Make sure that you choose a lawyer that knows the Alachua County system and what their typical policies and procedures are.

David S Katz

David S Katz

Our Gainesville phone number is 352-792-1218

We can help. However, without more information, setting realistic expectations would be difficult. Please feel free to contact us or a local Naples Attorney. Do you also have a violation of probation from the original case? Good Luck

Although AVVO answers provide a starting point, nothing replaces the opinion of a qualified DUI defense attorney knowledgable about the Judges and prosecutors near you. You should consult a local lawyer for legal advice. Www.orlandocriminalteam.com Www.orlandoduiteam.com Www.orlandoduilawfirm.com Www.flduilawfirm.com Www.orlandodivorceteam.com

David S Katz

David S Katz

Yes I was violated and served 10 days in Naples. I have since plead to reckless driving and completed all teh requirements the court set fourth. I hired a local attorney, but things dont seem to be moving along as fast or in the direction I had hoped for.

Our office can help. We need more information to get started. 305-209-2357.

You should contact one of the Florida lawyers who have already responded or another lawyer, perhaps the one you had who got your DUI changed to a reckless driving.

You should not return to the US without addressing this in some fashion first.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
Thank you.

--- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin
http://addbalance.com/drunk_driving_lawyer.htm

--- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer
http://www.facebook.com/MadisonWiDrunkDrivingLa...

--- Field sobriety "tests" – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin DUI / DWI / OWI / Drunk Driving lawyer
http://addbalance.com/fieldsobrietytests.htm

--- Drugged Driving/DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving with Prescription Drugs – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin
http://addbalance.com/duidrugs.htm

--- Which Offenses Count as Priors in Wisconsin? - Madison Dane County Wisconsin DUI OWI Drunk Driving Lawyer answers
http://addbalance.com/duimath.htm

--- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin
http://addbalance.com/duitendaywarning.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin drunk driving (DUI/OWI/DWI) defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these Internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This Internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. Those facts should not be put on a public Internet site.

Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. See “more” link below for more.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI