In NC is a Temporary Parenting Agreement legally binding at all before it has been drafted, submitted and signed by the judge?

Charlotte, NC |

In NC is a Temporary Parenting Agreement legally binding before it is submitted and signed by the judge. My ex is going on like business as usual, but saying even though the judge hasn't signed it, it is effect. just ONLY for him and his benefit. It seems the entire order would be null & void until it has been signed and stamped in the court house, Pleas, pleas advise
Kindly,
Len Haynes

1. Until an order is signed, it is merely a request.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. Please know that an order is not valid and binding until it is signed by a judge and filed with the clerk of court. If the parenting agreement is part of a private contract such as a separation agreement or parenting agreement, you may nevertheless have certain obligations under contract law. I suggest that you have an attorney review your paperwork before taking any further action on this matter.

Child custody topics