In NC is a Temporary Parenting Agreement legally binding at all before it has been drafted, submitted and signed by the judge?

Asked about 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

In NC is a Temporary Parenting Agreement legally binding before it is submitted and signed by the judge. My ex is going on like business as usual, but saying even though the judge hasn't signed it, it is effect. just ONLY for him and his benefit. It seems the entire order would be null & void until it has been signed and stamped in the court house, Pleas, pleas advise
Kindly,
Len Haynes

1. Richard Monroe Webb

Pro

1

Answered . Please know that an order is not valid and binding until it is signed by a judge and filed with the clerk of court. If the parenting agreement is part of a private contract such as a separation agreement or parenting agreement, you may nevertheless have certain obligations under contract law. I suggest that you have an attorney review your paperwork before taking any further action on this matter.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Until an order is signed, it is merely a request.