In NC, does consolidation of traffic offenses also consolidate license suspensions and/or license points?

Charlotte, NC |

The DMV only assigns points or suspensions for the most serious charge convicted on any given ticket. But if there are multiple tickets that were issued on different occasions the consolidation may not help.

No answer to these questions is intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for an actual conversation with a licensed attorney about the particular facts and circumstances of your case.

Isn't one ticket only 2 charges maximum or is it 3 charges? Or do you mean on the same event?

Christopher James Welch

Christopher James Welch

Uniform citations can have up to two different violations on each individual citation document (what I referred to as a "ticket"). A person might be issued a uniform citation with multiple violations on it, and the DMV is going to base their assessment of points or suspensions on the most serious violation convicted on that ticket. If there were multiple uniform citation documents (with one or more charges per document) issued on the same occasion then they should follow the same rule and just hit you with the most serious, regardless of how much the court consolidated them. But if you were issued tickets on different occasions and had them consolidated in court (which is tricky to do), I don't beli

Traffic tickets topics