In my religion its forbidden ti meet the bride can i get 1 without meeting my fiancée

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

in my religion its forbidden ti meet the bride can i get 1 without meeting my fiancée

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

Answered . Your question is incomplete. Can you "get one"? Fiancé visa? You should seek the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Christina Joan Murdoch

5

Answered . If you're talking about the K-1 fiancee visa, it is normally a requirement that you meet your fiancee before you petition for the visa. But there is a waiver possible if meeting would violate your fiancee's culture or social practices. You could try seeking one of those waivers, and if that doesn't work the alternative is to marry first and then sponsor you fiancee (now wife) for an immigrant visa. I strongly recommend you hire a good immigration attorney to help you decide what to do and then help you with any visa petitions or applications you decide to file.

Christina Murdoch
    Attorney
    Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
    105 W. Madison St., Suite 2200
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 444-1940
    (312) 444-1950 (fax)
    cmurdoch@lawfirm1.com
    www.lawfirm1.com
    "Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sdpollock
    Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sdpollock

Please visit our renovated website at www.lawfirm1.com, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.

3. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . Yes.

4. Gabriela Monserrat Lopez Arcos

4

Answered . Perhaps, you need to contact competent immigration counsel to help you prepare the application.

Gabriela M. Lopez, Esq.
    www.landerholmlawoffice.com

5. Laura Mandell

4

Answered . Assuming you are referring to getting a fiancee visa, yes, it is possible to get a fiancee visa without meeting your fiancee in person. The usual rule is that to get a fiancee visa one must have met the fiance(e) in person. However, an exception to this rule may be made for religious or social customs that forbid fiancees from meeting prior to the wedding. See the link below for the requirements for a fiancee visa. I suggest you retain an attorney to help you with the application for a fiancee visa.

6. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Get one what?